Important questions you can answer to help Dr Ross Perry help you and your bird(s) (to print this questionaire click here (not active yet))
- your bird's name?
- your bird's age?
- your bird's sex?
- Species or type of bird?
- How long have you had the bird?
- Has it been in contact with any other pet birds?
- Has it been in contact with wild birds?
- Can your bird fly or are its wings clipped?
- Is your bird allowed out of its cage daily?
- Is your bird exposed to direct sunlight for at least 20 minutes each day?
- Is your bird fed seed mix? pellets? seeds and pellets? others?
- Is your bird offered fresh greens and/or fruit daily?
- Does your bird have a compatible partner of the opposite sex and same species?
- Does your bird live in the same cage or aviary as other birds?
- Has your bird ever escaped?
- Have any other birds of yours died in the past year?
- How many days ago did you first suspect your bird might be sick?
- How many days ago did you become sure that your bird is sick?
- What level of care do you want and are prepared to pay for your bird?: a: Basic: basic physical examination with minimal testing and treatment and advice based on clinical findings,history and intuition? b. Standard: detailed physical examination and history inquiry, crop and faecal wet and Gram stained smear examination, Chlamydia and other tests if indicated, detailed explanation and advice and regular pharmaceutical/drug treatments if indicated? c. Holistic specialist care that may include all of b and /or health appraisal using quantum/radionics/advanced kinesiology and integrated health support with various nutraceuticals, herbs, homeopathics, flower essences etc after appropriate discussion and explanation?
- If your bird requires a lot of treatment would you prefer to give this at home or to have your bird cared for in hospital until its health is obviously improving?
- Please detail any known allergies or sensitivities that you know you personally have and/or your bird(s) to drugs, disinfectants or other substances.
- Are you an active member of any wildlife rescue organisations, pet bird rescue and/or habitat restoration organisations? If yes, provide details to establish your bona fides and apply for a personalised voluntary service bonus code.
Gold Coast Bird Vet Specialist Dr Ross Perry consulting strictly by appointment. To make appointment please ring 0419693279. Similarly long distance phone or Skype (DoctorRossPerry) or iChat (DoctorRossPerry) discussions.