Annual Health Checks
Pet Birds Need Annual Health Checks Too!!
- Most well-educated people understand the value and benefits of having regular health checks for themselves and for their pet dogs and cats
- However relatively few people who own pet birds know that there are also great benefits in preventing disease and detecting disease in the early stages rather than later when it has advanced and is much more difficult and expensive to treat or manage.
- The annual health check is an opportunity to ask questions and to learn about some of the most recent advances in bird medicine etc
- We review the safety of otherwise of your bird's perches, cage, water and food containers and toys as well as your bird's diet
- We check your bird's plumage for lice and mites and other disease
- We evaluate your bird's upper and lower respiratory systems and heart
- We check your bird's feet for early signs of pododermatitis
- We check a dropping for parasite eggs, oocysts and other pathogens
- We check for cancers and various other causes of abdominal swelling
- We advice on any management changes we feel are indicated
It's time you met your Gold Coast Bird Vet Specialist Dr Ross Perry who consults strictly by appointment. To make appointment please ring 0419693279. Similarly long distance phone or Skype (DoctorRossPerry) or iChat (DoctorRossPerry) consultations.